MarinePlan publishes software and data that support leisure boat trips. Use caution when traveling and do not rely solely on information provided by these sources to make decisions which may affect your safety or other people safety or anybody’s property. Use of official services and recommended devices is strongly encouraged.
In these conditions, “material” means either:
- data or data originating from or via MarinePlan or its software or services;
- map material;
- software files;
- images and other media types;
- software, web content, applications and apps;
- output of Online Services APIs.
“Websites” means either:
- the website at marineplan.com;
- a page or webpage within an app published by MarinePlan;
- a web page in an email message;
- or any other website operated by or acting on behalf of MarinePlan.
“Software” means either:
- software as part of a website;
- apps on mobile devices;
- other applications.
By accessing our websites and Apps, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on MarinePlan website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by MarinePlan at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded or distributed materials in your or other people’s possession whether in electronic, printed or any other format.
The provided materials on websites and in Apps are provided “as is”. MarinePlan makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, MarinePlan does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall MarinePlan or its suppliers or partners be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption such as computer malfunction, cloud malfunction or network outages) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on MarinePlan’s website, even if MarinePlan or a MarinePlan authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on the websites could include technical, textual, cartographic, typographical, or photographic errors. MarinePlan does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete, or current. MarinePlan may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. MarinePlan does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Links and references
MarinePlan has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its websites and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement, agreement or advocation by MarinePlan of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
Any claim relating to MarinePlan’s websites shall be governed by the law without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
- We strive to minimize the volume of personal data in any form.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- Related personal data will be deleted as soon as possible as soon as a user indicates that he wants to cancel his or her account.
- Personal data is never shared with any authority other than prescribed by law.
- Non-personal data can be used to create derived data, such as traffic intensity on a certain fairway, images on a map, averages and the like if this offers added value for MarinePlan or its users or partners. This could include the provision of data for bridge and lock officials, fairway usage statistics for governments and similar applications. MarinePlan reserves the right to independently set these purposes without prior notice.
- Personal data must be relevant for the purposes for which it will be used and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, be correct, complete and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, abuse or modification.
- We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
MarinePlan uses the following open source components:
- Leaflet in any map view
- SQLite in the NavKid App
- Mapcode in the NavKid App